Baltice - Ice Navigation
If you never navigated thru ice before, this is the place to start. Baltice will enhance your knowledge of winter navigation and prevailing conditions in the area during ice season. Baltic Icebreaking Management, is an organisation with members from all the Baltic Sea states. The overall objective of BIM is to ensure a well functioning, year-round maritime transport system in the Baltic Sea through enhancing the strategic and operational cooperation between the Baltic Sea countries in the area of winter navigation assistance.
Learning objectives and learner outcomes:
- Be able to read an ice-chart
- Have knowledge on traffic restrictions in ice
- Have basic knowledge on manoeuvring in ice
- Be aware of the dangers with freezing of equipment
- Have basic knowledge on voyage planning in ice
The course is open to all deck officers.