Designated Security Duties - 3.26
This course is based on IMO model course 3.26 and the STCW code Table A-VI/6-2, "Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties - 3.26". Mandatory minimum requirements for security-related training and instruction for all seafarers.
Learning objectives and learner outcomes:
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the Ship Security Plan.
This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of current security threats and patterns.
- Recognition of weapons, dangerous substances and devices.
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security.
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures.
- Crowd management and control techniques.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and plans.
- Operation of security equipment and systems.
- Testing, calibration and at-sea maintenance of security equipment and systems.
- Inspections, control and monitoring tecniques.
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo and ship stores.
This course is approved by the Swedish Maritime Administration and DNVGL.Product Sheet (pdf) ›