This course is based on IMO Model Course 3.11 and the purpose of the course is to introduce the student to the philosophy, processes and procedures required to support a marine casualty investigation in accordance with IMO Assembly Resolution A.849(20) and the Code for the Investigation of Marine Casualties and Incidents.
Learning objectives and learner outcomes:
- The purpose and objectives of marine incident investigation
- Provisions under UNCLOS, IMO and ILO conventions, and IMO Resolutions relating to the investigation of marine casualties
- The Code for Investigation of Marine Casualties and Incidents
- Technical and formal Investigation
- Techniques of collecting, analyzing and reporting on marine casualties and incidents
- Human factors and case studies
The course is aimed at officers onboard and shore personnel.
IMO Model Course 3.11, IMO Assembly Resolution A.849(20) and the Code for the Investigation of Marine Casualties and Incidents.
Johan RindmyraProduct Sheet (pdf) ›