Personal Survival Techniques
This course is based on IMO Model Course 1.19 and aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for seafarers for familiarization, basic safety training and instruction in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of STCW Code. The course consists of eight chapters followed by control questions.
Learning objectives and learner outcomes:
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in:
- Types of emergency situations which may occur, such as collision, fire, foundering
- Types of life-saving appliances and where it’s normally located
- Equipment in survival craft
- Principles concerning survival in emergency situations
- Methods for assessing the suitability of cargo securing
Personal Survival Techniques for seafarers in accorance with with Section A-VI/1 of STCW Code.
This course is principally intended as basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated safety duties in operation of the ship.
Johan Rindmyr – Marqua AB.Product Sheet (pdf) ›