Tank Condition Inspection
Ballast and cargo tanks are an essential part in the structural integrity of ship safety. To maintain a high level of structural integrity, these tanks should be in good condition. This course gives seafarers a basic introduction on how to carry out tank inspections in a safe and efficient way ensuring that the ship is properly maintained and in safe operation mode.
What you'll learn:
- Why tank inspections are carried out
- Understand the different tank protection systems and coating conditions
- Recognizing the important items to be checked when conducting tank inspections
- Understanding the responsibility of the master and the company
- Introduction in repairs and maintenance
- The rules which applies to tanks, inspection and maintenance
- Tank Protection Systems
- Condition Inspection
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Reporting Procedures
- Personal Safety
This course is open to all seafarers.
This course takes into account the SOLAS 74, as amended regulation II-1/3-2 and IMO Guidelines for maintenance and repair of protective coatings MSC.1/Circ.1330.
The course is delivered and by Kim Heiniö – Al Mare Consulting Ab. Developed in accordance with Shipgaz Training's quality manual.